Want to join the team? Check out the vacancies below and then apply.
Our servers are the primary point of contact with our customers and are responsible for ensuring that our guests enjoy their dining experience.
We are looking for a professional line cook to prepare food to the exact chef’s specifications and to set up stations for menu. Line cook duties will consist of assisting the executive and sous chef with their daily tasks. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals.
• Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
• Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or
• Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
• Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
• Clean up station and take care of leftover food
• Stock inventory appropriately
• Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely
• Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
• Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
• Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook
or prep cook
• Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment
• Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks • Familiar with industry’s best practices
• Culinary school diploma
*Entry level position.
The position of Assistant Pitmaster works under the supervision of the Executive Chef and ensures the successful operation of the smoker by preparing and smoking all meats. The Assistant Pitmaster is also responsible for smoker detailing, kitchen cleanliness, washing dishes as well as following all health, safety and sanitation regulations. This position requires a great deal of knowledge on utilizing our smokers, therefore, the desired candidate must have the ability to learn and master the “low and slow” method of cooking.
The desired candidate will have a positive attitude, excellent customer service skills, reliable, punctual, able to multi-task, have pride in their appearance, self-motivated, attention to detail, basic math and overall desire to provide the best product and experience for our guests.
Assistant Pitmasters should exemplify the standards of quality and conduct expected of all team members, able to follow procedures and have a desire for constant improvement and refinement of your craft! Great communication skills and ability to work under pressure are needed skills. Must have reliable transportation. Prior restaurant experience and ServSafe Certification a plus but not required.
Prefer someone flexible to work afternoons, evenings, mornings and/or weekends; may need to attend events and activities off-site.
Pay is based on experience. We have exciting positions that pay over minimum wage. Increases occur once you successfully complete your probation period and as you complete further training.
• Standing for long periods
• Able to lift at least 50 lbs
Advancements & Benefits
Committed employees with a proven track record of success can qualify for advancement opportunities. Smokin’ with Chris does not currently offer benefits.